2018 Patriot Golf Day - National Campaign Fundraising Tips
1. Have Fun and Make a Difference
• If you are participating as team, assign a Team Captain to champion your Patriot Golf Day® activity.
• Post event details on your Facebook, Twitter, Email Blast and in your clubhouse.
• For golf courses, place a tent card at the register to remind your members to support your efforts.
• If you can’t participate over Labor Day Weekend during Patriot Golf Day® Awareness week, consider hosting a Patriot Golf Day® event anytime of year that works for you or your facility.
2. Make Patriot Golf Day® work for you or your facility. Some ideas include
• Coordinate a Patriot Golf Day® tournament. Some of our largest and most attended events are golf tournaments courses host throughout the year.
• Coordinate a golf marathon and ask donor(s) to make a pledge for each hole you play.
• Run a “Closest To The Hole” contest, or any other contest to encourage participation and increase donations.
• Hold a silent auction or raffle, with prizes donated.
• Give free 13-minute lessons on the range and request donations.
• Give a percentage from every golf lesson as a donation, or have a Folds of Honor special per minute of each golf lesson with proceeds going to Folds of Honor.
• Have your facility match donations made by your golfers.
• Ask a sponsor, such as a local business, to match all donations generated.
• Give range balls for donations.
• Offer package deals, including golf, range balls and a lesson, with a portion of the package price going towards a donation.
• Purchase Patriot Golf Day® and Folds of Honor merchandise and accessories in our online store. Proceeds from all merchandise sales will benefit Folds of Honor.
• Offer incentives on merchandise purchases. For instance, instead of discounts for golfers, direct the savings on purchases towards donations (Ex. $5 donation for every shirt purchase).